Wrongful Death and Catastrophic Injury
Fighting for Justice in Wrongful Death and Catastrophic Injury Cases
There is nothing more painful than losing a loved one, and even more so when the death is caused by the negligence of another. The pain and emotional and financial stress brought about through the wrongful death or injury can be complex and overwhelming, but you do not have to go through it alone.
At the law office of Adams & Corzine, we have guided families just like yours with compassion and sensitivity to pursue and get justice for wrongful deaths or catastrophic injuries. While nothing can bring back of fully heal your loved one, the people who hurt you and your family should be held accountable. Our team of attorneys believe that you deserve to receive fair compensation for your loss and work tirelessly to advocate for your family to see that justice is done.
A legal team with compassion
A wrongful death or catastrophic injury occurs because of the negligent or willful misconduct of an individual or company. The untimely and unexpected loss or serious injury of a loved one can leave serious emotional and financial burdens on those left behind. Our team is experienced in wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases and can provide the legal support required to achieve justice and fair compensation for your loss, while maintaining the sensitive empathy so essential at such a difficult time.
The most common wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases include:
- Automobile, motorcycle, big-rig, and bus accidents.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents.
- Defective products.
- Workplace and construction site injuries.
- Medical errors or malpractice.
- Willful violence.
The financial impacts of a wrongful death or catastrophic injury
There is no doubt that the untimely death or serious injury of a loved one causes emotional turmoil. It can also seriously impact a family’s financial situation and ability to cover medical, funeral, and/or living expenses. Working with an accident attorney experienced with wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases will ensure you are in the best possible position to gain fair and appropriate financial compensation.
Wrongful death lawsuits can allow family members to recover some of the financial losses caused by a wrongful death. While no monetary settlement can make up for the loss of a loved one, a just settlement can help survivors and caretakers rebuild their lives and move forward after an unexpected death. Recoverable expenses associated with a wrongful death case include:
- Future earnings, which is the income that the deceased individual would have earned.
- Expenses, which include medical bills and funeral expenses.
- Pension or retirement losses, to help compensate for funds lost due to an unexpected death.
- Pain and suffering, both the pain you have experienced in the aftermath of your loved one’s death and the pain a loved one experienced prior to death.
- Loss of companionship, which recognizes that you are now without an important member of your family.
- Punitive damages, designed to punish a company or party that has committed gross negligence or willful misconduct.
How to begin your wrongful death or catastrophic injury case
If you have suffered from an unexpected loss or catastrophic injury, you deserve expert representation with compassionate and sensitive legal guidance. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Adams & Corzine are here to act as your advocates in court. Contact us today to arrange a free consultation in our Folsom office to discuss your case and learn about your legal options.